Monday, January 7, 2008

Ready to Roll at Beltwide


Beltwide here I come! I just landed in Nashville at the Grand Ole Opry Hotel and I am ready to roll. This is my first time in Nashville and my first time at the Beltwide Cotton Conference so I am very excited to have the opportunity to communicate the this event via blog. As a student in the agriculture field, it is very important for me to gather as much information as I can at this event, and you can rest assure I will relay all of what I learn to you.
I want to give you so a breif background background of myself and my involvement with agriculture. I am a junior agiruculture economics major at Prairie View A&M University, an 1890 Land Grant Institution. I am heavily involved with various leadership positions in Ag organizations. I am the MANRRS national undergraduate vice president for Region IV. MANRRS stands for Minorities in Agriculture Natural Resources and Related Sciences. I am also an Agriculture Ambassador for the Prairie View A&M University College of Agriculture and Human Sciences. I'm the senator for Agriculture in the Student Government Association and the secretary for the Alpha Eta Chapter of Alpha Tau Alpha, National Professional Honorary Agriculture Education Organization. Through these organizations, I have the unique opportunity to interact with students from differnet universities in the Ag Field.
Delta & Pine Land and Monsanto are companies that are 100% committed to agriculture, and this conference is a great way to showcase their new and exciting technology to growers. As a Monsanto intern, I can attest the great amount of effort these companies put into their products and technology. These companies have remained steadfast in their mission to keep the grower first! There will be a lot of exciting information to communicate, and I look forward to giving you this information first. So, please stay tuned!

No comments: