Friday, January 11, 2008

Satisfied with Beltwide

Before the Texas “Charter for Success” farmers headed back to the Southwest, I caught up with two of them named Don Marble and Keith Marble. Don and Keith farm together in Southplain Texas. I mentioned in an earlier post, that the “Charter for Success” program is a Monsanto and Delta and Pine Land sponsored event to expose farmers firsthand to Beltwide Cotton Conferences. These farmers came from all over the Texas high plains close to Lubbock, TX. I didn’t have much time to have an in depth conversation with them but I did manage to interview them on their breif recap on their experience. Click the link to hear what they said. Interview

Believe it or not this was my very first interview and thank goodness I had to great farmers to make it a smooth process. As Marble mentioned he and the other growers in attendance learned valuable information about new technology and upcoming varities in the pipeline. Overall they had a very good experience at Beltwide and are looking forward to coming back next year.

No comments: